Friday 8 May 2009

New Knickers

Is it just me, or does anyone else have 'Rainy day pants'? Yesterday was a particularly awful day - the job I had hoped would give me some financial security simply evaporated in front of my eyes, one minute there, the next poof! gone. It wasn't even as if anyone else got it instead, or that I failed the interview - it simply disappeared amongst a load of government cuts in education.
So I was a tad upset last night and not feeling much better this morning, staying in bed for an entire day seemed like a really good idea, better still it was raining and looking pretty grim outside. But then friends left messages on Facebook and called, and I spoke to my daughter who is having her own awful time with exams and staying in bed seemed stupid and indulgent. I'd get dressed and retire to the sofa with tv or a trashy book - much better. Which is where the knickers come in. While scrabbling around in the drawers I found a pair of bright satin turquoise panties given to me by my lovely daughters last christmas and so far unworn. They were given as 'cheer you up on a rainy day' pants, and never has a woman needed rainy day pants more than me today.
Feel slightly trashy - there are bows and lace involved - I am now at my computer ready to work, Queen are on the stereo singing uplifting songs, a big mug of tea by my side and hope in my heart.
Thanks for the pants girls - everyone should have a pair.

No comments: