Monday 9 June 2008

Lists

Starting the day and the week with lists. There is something comforting about sitting down and making a list of all the things that need doing. I always add a couple of things that are easy or have already been done, like the laundry I've just put on, or the washing up.
Today's list includes - contacting all the new Novel in a Month writers, reading work private students have sent me, marking, buying a notice board and some bread, rewriting a horror treatment I'm doing with my writing partner (we spent a long car journey teasing out the finer points, I talked and drove, he took notes), teach, drop off car, plan out lessons for the week.
Not all of this will get done today, things get shifted to another day or drop off the list all together.
On top of all this, I need to write my 16oo words as well. This is something I absolutely have to do first. After all, I'm asking all the students to fit writing a novel into their lives - how can I sympathise with their issues if I'm not doing it too?
So, I'm signing off and getting on with 'The Don Juan of Mortlake.' Maybe my main character needs to make a list....

No comments: