Thursday 12 June 2008

Too much to do is not a bad thing

7894 words and counting.
There is something about having too much to do. Because I have to force myself to fit my word count into the day, I am just grabbing whatever time I have to get the words down. Usually this seems to be first thing in the morning - it has become a point of honour to get something written before I get out of bed.

I love my job - I have just spent a very happy half hour looking at the clips I want to show in the 'Movie in a Month' class tonight from 'It Happened One Night'. This was probably one of the very first Rom Com movies ever made (1934) and is a classic, so if you've not seen it do - Claudette Colbert and Clark Gable have some great witty dialogue and we just don't get movies like that anymore.

Speaking of wonderful witty writing I see that my friend Kate Harrison has a new book out today - yay for Kate! Go to http://kate-harrison.com/books.asp?id=187. The book is called 'The Secret Shoppers Revenge'.
Can always recommend her books, so any of you wanting to write Chick Lit. go and buy this immediately - she really is a great example of the genre.

Got to go - I still have 500 words to write for 'Novel in a Month' today, plus I need to finish getting handouts ready for tonight's class and start work on the movie treatment I'm being paid to write....eeek!

s
x

No comments: