Tuesday 10 June 2008

Counting

6,134 words, which means I'm a little bit behind, but not too worried, I'm still at that exploratory stage where things don't quite connect but I have to trust in the process and hope that my subconscious knows what is going on. My hero is not turning out quite as I'd thought he would, he is sadder than I'd expected and really dumb about women, which is quite funny. I do enjoy this part of writing, where you get to play with the the characters like puppets and there is need to worry about whether the things they do make sense or not. I love that freedom from responsibility where all I need to worry about is counting the words each day - the plot can take care of itself.
Back to it - see if I can get the last 500 words done before teaching tonight.

No comments: