Sunday 2 August 2009

Good, bad and red shoes

Ok, the good bit first. Ran my first all day course in Central London on Saturday and it was fabulous. Exhausting, but fabulous. The students were vibed up and exciting and worked extraordinarily hard all day. I was so tired at the end, I could barely register being bought new shoes in the Kurt Geiger Sale - red studded stilettos that make me feel a bit Betty Boo and are going to look great with jeans.
Home for nap and bath and then off to boyf's family for dinner. I had thought that the dinner party last week that I did after the Awayday, was the worst dinner party I'd ever been to (and that's bad when you're the hostess), but Saturday was vying for a place in the lists. I think the best bit was being told that I wasn't 'family', and when I thought about it later, I realised it was actually a compliment and was quietly relieved.

Boyf gave me the first bit of his novel to read today, then hovered over me saying things like 'you hate it, don't you,' every five minutes. Men! No, let me rephrase that, Creative Men! So, here and for the record, I love it. Partly because I'm in it (ficitonally dead, but hey), but mainly because it is good, it is funny and it is poignant. Tomorrow he's reading my first pages, and I have no doubt I'll be equally insecure, but I have new shoes, so nothing can really be that bad.

No comments: