Monday 6 July 2009

Writing and Organizing

As the Summer School term ends I am getting back into the Novel writing and starting to make notes for my PhD thesis. First though I need to spend some time sorting out the admin hell of resuming study. This will involve filling out forms and finding funding from somewhere. However, needs must. I am more and more convinced that in order to work I am going to need to complete this PhD and that the PhD needs to be written for its own sake.
So, mornings will be novel writing and afternoons are for admin and thesis notes as well as paid work/editing and all the other stuff that makes up life.
It seems as if just as everyone else closes down for the Summer I'm just revving up. That's fine with me, I can't stay out in the sun for too long anyway and I'm not taking another holiday until September, by which point I hope to be well into this draft, if not nearly finished with it.
So watch this space. First six chapters are mapped out. First three have gone off to supervisor for a read. I doubt he'll make any comment until I'm officially on the books, but it makes me feel better to be sending stuff out. Next three chapters should go off by end of next week.
Meanwhile, I had a wonderful weekend and the words 'Oh My Gawd' will from now and forever bring a smile to my face.

No comments: